Saturday, January 11, 2014

Affordable brushes

Hi ladies!

Today I want to talk to you about some affordable brush sets you should try. I personally believe that makeup brushes are just like paint brushes, you need different brushes to achieve different textures and looks. You want a larger brush to apply foundation to your face because it's a bigger canvas, then you want to use a smaller brush to apply color to your eyes. I'll also have links for the products I talk about which will take you directly to Amazon, a trusted site, on the left side of the blog so you can buy them with just a click!

I don't know about you but my budget is very limited and simply cannot afford MAC brushes at $25+ a piece. Do you know how much groceries I can get for $25? HA! So I had to search for other alternatives to getting a start up brush set.

As I was looking into purchasing some Coastal Scents cosmetics (www.coastalscents.com) that were on Christmas or New Year sale as a beginner platform, I also looked into brush sets and found this set (http://www.coastalscents.com/brushes/sets-and-cases/br-set-011.html):
 
 
This is the 22 piece brush set by Coastal Scents. I don't remember how much I purchased mine for but the regular price on the website is $34.95. It comes with a faux leather case to travel with and a big variety of brushes to experiment with which makes each brush about $1.50-$1.60 if you round it up, not including the carrier it came with!
 
I also found Elf Cosmetics (www.eyeslipsface.com) a great website to purchase some starter makeup and brushes. Elf has a Studio line and an Essential line; the Studio line is slightly more expensive with brushes starting at around $3 a brush oppose to the Essential line with brushes that range from $1 a brush to $15 for a 9 piece brush set. Below is the 12 piece brush set for $12.
 
e.l.f. Professional Complete Set of 12 Brushes
 
Another great website to purchase a starter brush set would be from BH Cosmetics. They have regular "steals" and currently have a steal on a 10 piece brush set for $15.95 here. 
 
Pop Art Steal

 
I can't give you my opinions on the BH Cosmetics (www.bhcosmetics.com) brushes or Elf brushes yet as I haven't tried them, but I did order a few Elf brushes which will be arriving soon! I did also hear many great reviews about BH Cosmetics and Elf brushes on Youtube so I'm not afraid to recommend them! I have the Coastal Scents brush set and I love it. It's very easy to use, bristles are soft but dense enough to pack on color and not to forget the convenient travel case it came with!
 
I hope I gave you some ideas on where to begin with buying your first set of brushes! Let me know what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment